16-layer Ceramic PCBs with Back Drilling
A 16-layer Ceramic PCBs with Back Drilling refers to a special process plate in which a copper foil is directly bonded to a surface of an alumina or aluminum nitride (AlN) ceramic substrate at a high temperature. The ultra-thin composite substrate produced has excellent electrical insulation properties, high thermal conductivity, excellent solderability and high adhesion strength, and can etch various patterns like a PCB board, and has a large current carrying current. ability. Therefore, ceramic substrates have become the basic material for high-power power electronic circuit structure technology and interconnection technology.
1. The thermal expansion coefficient of the ceramic substrate is close to that of the silicon chip, which can save the transition layer Mo film, save labor, material and reduce cost;
2. Reduce the solder layer, reduce the thermal resistance, reduce the void, and improve the yield;
3. The line width of 0.3mm thick copper foil is only 10% of ordinary printed circuit board under the same current carrying capacity;
4. Excellent thermal conductivity, the chip package is very compact, so that the power density is greatly improved, improving the reliability of the system and device;
5. Ultra-thin (0.25mm) ceramic substrate can replace BeO, no environmental toxicity problems;
6. The current carrying capacity is large, 100A current continuously through 1mm wide and 0.3mm thick copper body, the temperature rise is about 17 °C; 100A current continuously through 2mm wide and 0.3mm thick copper body, the temperature rise is only about 5 °C;
7. Low thermal resistance, thermal resistance of ceramic substrate of 0.6×mm thickness of 10×10mm ceramic substrate is 0.31K/W, thermal resistance of ceramic substrate with thickness of 0.38mm is 0.19K/W, ceramic substrate of 0.25mm thickness The thermal resistance is 0.14K/W.
8. High insulation withstand voltage to ensure personal safety and equipment protection.
9. New packaging and assembly methods can be realized to make the product highly integrated and compact.
1. High resistance.
2. High frequency characteristics.
3. With high thermal conductivity: related to the material itself, ceramics have advantages over metal and resin.
3. Good chemical stability, shock resistance, heat resistance, pressure resistance, internal circuit, MARK point, etc. are better than general circuit boards.
4. Precise in printing, patching and welding.