BGA package is the most demanding package process in PCB manufacturing. Its advantages are as follows:
1. Short pin, low assembly height, small parasitic inductance, small capacitance and excellent electrical performance.
2. The integration is very high, the number of pins is large, the pitch of the pins is large, and the pins have good coplanarity. The limit of the pin pitch of the QFP electrode is 0.3 mm. When assembling the soldered circuit board, the mounting accuracy of the QFP chip is very strict, and the mounting tolerance of the electrical connection is required to be 0.08 mm. The narrow pitch QFP electrodes are thin and fragile and easily twisted or broken, which requires parallelism and flatness between the board pins. In contrast, the biggest advantage of the BGA package is the large pitch of the 10 electrode pins. The typical pitch is 1.0mm.1.27mm, 1.5mm (40mil, 50mil, 60mil in inch), and the mounting tolerance is 0.3mm. The placement machine and reflow soldering equipment can basically meet the BGA assembly requirements.
3. The heat dissipation performance is good, and the temperature of the chip is closer to the ambient temperature when the BGA is working.
While the BGA package has the above advantages, the following problems also exist. The following are the disadvantages of the BGA package:
1. BGA post-weld inspection and maintenance is difficult, pcb manufacturers must use x-ray fluoroscopy or x-ray stratification to ensure the reliability of the board solder joints, equipment costs.
2. The individual solder joints of the board are broken, the entire component must be removed, and the removed BGA cannot be reused.
The above are the advantages and disadvantages of BGA. More BGA package please pay attention fastpcba